The reason online education became so prevalent is the limitation of traditional methods of learning. Conventional courses not only ask you to shell out boatloads of money but also restrict you to a particular time and place. E-learning solves a lot of these issues which is why it is so beneficial to the present generation. But out of all the advantages of online education, there are two that prove to be vital.
- It gives you the freedom to learn what you want. There are no boundaries. Therefore, you don’t have to be limited to a city, state or even country. If you want to study a course that is 1000 miles away from your home, you can enroll in it quickly. Long gone are the days where you had the choice to select a degree that was provided by local or national colleges and institutes only.
- A traditional class requires a student to sit in the same chair for hours on end. In online learning, the student is not bound by these rules and has immense comfort. One can learn wherever they want such as the couch of the living room and whenever they want like at 10 in the night.
Over the past two decades, the internet went from an exclusive club to one that is accessible from even the remotest corner of the world. It is a database of knowledge that anyone can reach. It has not only changed the way we communicate with each other, do business or socialize but also the way we learn. Imparting knowledge has never been simpler or cheaper. So, what exactly is online education?
- Learning that is supported by an electronic device and is reliant on a teacher imparting information through the internet is called online education. It can take various forms and can be designated by many names such as:
1. Computer-based training
2. Web-based training
3. Internet-based training
4. online training
5. e-learning (electronic learning)
6. m-learning (mobile learning)
7. computer-aided distance education
At its core, it still is an interaction of a student and a teacher via the internet. It is an update on the conventional classroom that requires a person to be in a specific physical location. Online learning, on the other hand, doesn’t have this limitation. A person can be seated anywhere and learn from any teacher as long as they have a working internet connection.